August 7, 2006
[Update #3] – 11 August 0900
Apparently (can’t isolate the issue exactly) it works for some people and not for others.
– Logs the commands it executes (so you can see if there are any issues with paths, etc)
– Cleaned up some of the UI elements
[UPDATE # 2] – 9 Aug
Well, as one is wont to accidentally do, I packaged the debug build rather than the release …. hence the snafu.
I believe SandCastle Builder is working now.
[UPDATE # 1] – 9 Aug
– Fixed issue of incorrect extension when chosing your own CHM
– Added feature to allow specification of custom footer
Yep. Another one.
Joining the bandwagon of individuals keen to build a GUI for Sandcastle is yours truly.
Here are screen shots of Builder
Builder In Action
Builder At Rest
What makes mine different?
- It is “Project” based so you don’t have to keep specifying the assembly, xml file, etc
- Does not assume SandCastle or the Help Compiler is installed to the default location. It does however assume they are installed somewhere!
- Reasonably polished UI – don’t you think? 😉
- All in C# – no batch files (except for a workaround to piping output from one process to another)
- Does all its work in the temp folder and cleans up after itself
- Allows you to immediately view the CHM
Do I have any other plans?
- Fix the inevitable bugs that MUST be hiding somewhere
- Capture output from SandCastle’s various executables and log to file
- Convert builder to a Visual Studio Addin
- Allow builder to directly build projects & solutions
- Allow builder to run from console so it can be used by built tools like nant and msbuild
Have a go and let me know what you think by leaving a comment. What i’m keen to know is if it runs at all 🙂
Download SandCastle Builder Here
Download the Manual Here